Hello! Thank you for taking time to visit my website. My name is Tricia Miller, and I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, Therapist, Educator and Wellness Coach in Houston, Texas who loves to connect with people in positive, sincere and meaningful ways. My work in private practice includes working with adults with individual counseling and educating the community on mental health topics with workshop presentations. I have been a Counselor for over over 10 years, and have an extensive background working with adolescents and adults. Ultimately, my goal is to help clients thrive in their lives.
Benefits of Counseling/Therapy
We live in a world where one to one conversation is becoming the last resort of communication. Our main modes of communication with friends, family, co-workers, and others who operate in our periphery may be mostly comprised of interchanges between email, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Snapchat, etc), and texting. The face to face, one on one conversation is slowly slipping away in our uber-wired world. While these communication snip-its provide quick, hassle-free transactions, these exchanges should not replace how people connect, build, or grow in relationships.
Counseling/Therapy allows for a rich, meaningful, trusted relationship to grow between client and therapist in the midst of working on issues you maybe facing. In addition, Counseling may serve as the gateway to overcome personal barriers (past or present) that may be leaving you feeling stuck, stagnant, and unsatisfied.
The Counseling/Therapy experience can be an empowering, therapeutic, and enriching experience that can CHANGE.YOUR.LIFE. I help clients navigate the most difficult hardships in their life, offer a positive perspective, and support clients in life-changing events. For every client that walks through my door, I help ease emotional burdens and provide a safe and special sanctuary for clients to be themselves free of judgement.
As your Therapist, I can help you with the following areas:
- Anxiety/Depression (Identifying Stressors/Triggers, Developing Healthy Coping Strategies, Practicing Mindfulness)
- Relationship Concerns/Issues (Finding a partner, Reducing Toxic relationships, Address Dating Stress, Dealing with Rejection, Healing from Break-ups, Working through difficult marital issues, Learning to Communicate Effectively, Examining Existing Relationships, Affair Healing Recovery)
- Life Transitions (Entering college/adulthood, Entering Motherhood, Adjusting to Family Dynamics, Coping with loss of employment, Building a new life after relocation, Navigating new work challenges)
- Career Concerns (Stress-Management, Finding a Satisfying Career, Career Transitions, Managing Work Relationships, Balancing Work and Home Life)
- Healthy Living (Overcoming Weight Issues, Mindfulness, Goal Setting, Motivation, Thinking Positive, Building Practical Self-Car Routines, Stress Management)
- Self-Esteem (Building Sense of Worthiness, Finding Courage, Examining Unhealthy Thoughts/Behaviors/Patterns and Breaking through Insecurities)
My mission with clients is to help them overcome barriers that may be preventing them from progress, and help them thrive. Contact me at 832-341-1870 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the Counseling process. Feel free to read more about My Background.