Anxiety & Depression
Specializing in Anxiety
Our fast paced culture can be a breeding ground for heightened stress and anxiety. So many factors can increase our likelihood to experience symptoms of anxiety. Anything from social media, constant negative news stories, natural disasters, toxic people, constant stress and trauma are just some of the things that can contribute to our increased worry, fear, and altered moods. Nearly 40 million people are affected with some of anxiety affecting almost 1 in 5 adults in the United States.*
Types of Anxiety:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Perinatal/Postpartum Anxiety
- Performance Anxiety
- Health Anxiety
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Specific Phobias
As an anxiety specialist, I guide so you can break you free from anxiety's powerful grip. Living in a constant state of worry can be paralyzing, and often prevent us from functioning in our day to day work and personal life. You may wonder if this feeling will last forever. You may wonder if you will ever feel “normal” again. Anxiety often takes form of an invisible bully, and as your therapist, I help you to transform this bully into a powerful ally.
In addition, I integrate several practices that will help build reduce anxiety and increase resilience over time with the following:
- Gain greater awareness of your anxiety triggers;
- Help you understand how anxiety manifests in your psychological, emotional, and physical state;
- Develop a self-care plan that will help you manage anxiety;
- Provide customized, practical intervention exercises/tools/apps that work with your lifestyle;
- Integrate “positive wiring” to reframe negative or worst-case scenario mindsets;
- Integrate mindfulness techniques.
Building Your Resilience
Take the first step in overcoming anxiety and fear. Together, we will work to find a sense of peace and calm so you can experience joy and happiness in your life. I have seen many of my clients thrive in areas that couldn't imagine once they understood and took charge in dealing with their anxiety. Please contact me at 832-341-1870 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
*Source: Anxiety and Depression Association of America