Hurricane Harvey Related Trauma & Recovery
Hurricane Harvey Aftermath: Lives Were Forever Changed
Hurricane Harvey forever impacted the lives of many Houstonians. As many residents continue to face the daunting and overwhelming experience of rebuilding their homes, resettling in new areas, or perhaps, are deciding out what to do next, the process has left many physically, emotionally, mentally, financially and spiritually exhausted. As a resident in West Houston, many of my neighbors, friends, fellow church community, and colleagues are often living day by day, facing uncertainty and continual stress in the recovery process.
Seeking counseling may be a powerful and healing experience for you as you continue to bravve through uncertainty and the unknown. Hurricane Harvey was a traumatic experience for many, and people deal with trauma in different ways. Counseling may help you work through intense emotions of anger, resentment, sadness, fear, frustration, etc.
If you experience any of the following, individual Counseling may be of great benefit to you:
- Increased Anxiety/Fear
- Grief--Intense sadness from loss of home/memories/"old life,"feeling loss of community/old neighbors
- Decision Fatigue--Emotionally exhausted from constant decision-making
- Increased conflict with spouse/significant other
- Physical symptoms (stomach issues, headaches, chest tightness)
- Feeling lack of support/no support
- Past trauma coming to surface
- Feeling loss of community/old neighbors
- Feeling irritable
- Increased alcohol comsumption
- Sleep Disturbance(s)
If you need additional support in working through the difficulties you've experienced with the Hurricane Harvey, I would be honored to support you through this time. Please contact me at or 832-341-1870 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.